We are looking for a dockhand to join us this season!
Hours are to be scheduled by Dockmaster or Marina Manager, depending upon season. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
The Dockhand is responsible for assisting with marina maintenance duties and repairs.
- Inspecting, maintaining, repairing Marina docks, equipment, grounds.
- Conducting inventory of parts/supplies needed for dock maintenance.
- Check dock lines and utility connections on a daily basis or as requested.
- Performing fuel dock attendant tasks as needed.
- Assisting boaters with docking procedures.
- Assistance as required in general Marina house cleaning, maintenance and repairs (alertness for safety related repairs or needs, essential).
- Assistance as assigned in hurricane or storm preparation.
- Know applications of radio, hurricane, storm, fire, first aid, freeze and oil spill procedures.
- Assistance with retail inventories as needed.
- Respond to boaters hailing the marina on the radio; directing those to appropriate locations (e.g., fuel dock, slip assignment, etc.).
- Knowledge of Marina dockage rates
- Knowledge of Marina regulations and enforcement procedures
- Must be responsible individuals who will present themselves well to the boaters since they will have the most contact with the boaters and public.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Marina Management.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Ability to swim or willingness to wear PFD; comfortable around water.
- Pleasant personality and ability to get along with customers, co-workers and harbor officers.
- Experience with the following hand/power tools preferred: drill; saw (hand, table, reciprocating); planer
- Experience with carpentry, plumbing and electrical preferred.
- Experience with fiberglass and painting work desired.
- Prospective employees should be responsible self-starters with attention to detail and safety in mind.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Working in wet and slippery conditions. Frequently working in an outdoor, hot, and damp environment.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in outdoor environments and inclement weather.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- All dock equipment and materials (gas pump, boats, ropes, anchors, among others).
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,disability, or protected Veteran status.
~You must be able to pass a background check~