Do you have catering experience in corporate lunches and dinners? Are you looking for a new experience working Monday through Friday days and early evenings? If so, this position is for you!
Guest Services, Inc. is looking to hire a Catering Support Adminstrator who is well organized and detail-oriented to work closely with the Catering Manager.
~All qualifying applicants must be able to a background check.~
The Catering Support Adminstrator will be responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the Catering Manager by handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, and scheduling meetings. The Catering Support Adminstrator is responsible for assisting the restaurant managers with opening and closing procedures as needed.
- Politely and professionally answers phones and greets clients for the main and catering lines. Takes messages and fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions, and accurately transfer high volume of calls to the appropriate department.
- Respond to inquiries- inbound phone calls, written, electronic (Email), and fax. Draft and send well-constructed and professional correspondence and proposals for clients/potential clients under the direction of the Catering Manager.
- Schedules property tours and organizes catering requests under the direction of the Catering Manager.
- Maintain an accurate and easy-to-use filing system for storing catering documents as directed by the manager. Maintain accurate records for all catered events.
- Assist the Catering Manager in creating and distributing catering reports necessary for the department.
- Monitor and supervise Catering Attendants and their tasks, including set up and maintenance of function room areas.
- Assist in recruiting, supervising, scheduling, disciplining, reviewing, and directing the catering staff at the direction of the Catering Manager. Train hourly staff for peak performance and monitor staff’s development.
- Assist restaurant manager(s) with unit opening and /or closing procedures as needed.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times and notify the Catering Manager of all complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Notify Manager(s) of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Maintain cleanliness of designated office areas and equipment. Organize and replenish supplies as needed.
- Maintain positive relationships with restaurant managers and team members in all departments to expedite efficient communication.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma or GED required. Culinary/Hospitality/Business Administration or Associate’s degree in food service or related field preferred.
- Clerical skills including typing, filing, and maintenance of records.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise moves in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-25 lbs. frequently, and up to 35 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to sit at a desk in front of a computer for extended amounts of time.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
Typical office equipment (computers, multi-extension phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.