Boating in Boston, a division of Guest Services, Inc. is a young, fast growing recreational company who is ready to hire a strong, customer friendly call center representative. The primary responsibility of this position will be to handle inbound inquires from customers regarding all facets of our business. There will also be some outbound sales call opportunities.
This position is perfect for someone who is extremely personable, good at generating discussion vs a scripted conversation, is comfortable with technology and works well with little supervision. This is a part-time, seasonal position for up to 4 months of work, 25 hours/week.
~All qualifying applicants must be able to pass a background check.~
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Multitask; switch from task to task without loss of efficiency, poise or focus
- Book customer reservations for classes and tours and reach to customers regarding any changes in dates or times.
- Answer all customer inquires via phone, email and live chat about our rentals and locations in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Represent our company in a friendly, courteous, helpful, knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Successfully cross-train as requested to develop and broaden call center services skill sets and to support client demand.
- Maintain confidentiality and security as covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act and in accordance with the policies and procedures of Guest Services, Inc. (HIPPA, PCI).
- Apply Guest Services, Inc. ethics of honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in day to day execution of duties.
- Record electronic customer transactions accurately.
- Ability to articulate product and services messages on call center services, clients, understand their culture, goals, brand and market vision and express those values to the clients potential customers.
- Be a team player and participate in team strategies to support client objectives.
- Successfully complete all training sessions including e-learning modules.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise moves in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to sit at a desk in front of a computer for extended amounts of time.
- Ability to withstand temperatures in indoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.