Do you have a food service background? Are you looking for a part-time opportunity? Are you hard-working and responsible? If so, apply now!
Guest Services, Inc. is hiring for a Part-Time Food Services Worker to join out small cafe. This person must be a team player who is well rounded and able to Cashier, Prep, Grill, and Utility.
Schedule: 15 to 20 Hours; Monday to Friday
Cafe Hours of Operation: 6:30 AM to 1:00 PM
~All qualifying applicants must be US Citizen and able to pass a background check.~
The Food Services Worker is responsible prepping our salad bar, have culinary skills as well as strong customer service with experience in running a cash register!
- Prepare and arrange food for serving.
- Be alert, positive, and customer service oriented with customers and staff. Ask for and listen to customers' orders in a friendly and patient manner.
- Serve orders to customers quickly and efficiently.
- Clean counters, equipment, and general work area.
- Replenish and inventory food items and supplies in a cafeteria serving line, food bar, or storeroom.
- Cooks short order items on a serving line and performs simple food preparation.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Food Safety Certification. Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Commercial Kitchen Machinery, Appliances, Tools, and Utensils.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.