Are you looking for a Summer opportunity? Do you have experience in Kayaking, SUP or Sailing? Do you enjoy teaching?
Boating In DC, a division of Guest Services, Inc., is hiring for a Instructor who is experienced in Kayaking, SUP and/or Sailing.
Teach beginning and intermediate Kayaking, SUP and/or Sailing skills to customers and junior staff. Additional opportunities to teach SUP Yoga/Fit and Universal Access programs. Provide supervision of the water to ensure safe boating operations. Opportunity to assist with rentals, boating pass members and groups. This position is for the 5 boating locations in the Georgetown/DC area: Thompsons Boat Center, Key Bridge Boathouse, Fletchers Boathouse, Ballpark Boathouse and National Harbor.
- Teach beginning and intermediate Kayaking, SUP and/or Sailing (MA only)
- Teach SUP Yoga/Fit and Universal Access programs (depending on
- location and certifications)
- Assist customers
- Leading/teaching groups of adults and children
- Ensuring safety and supervision of on the water activities
- Manage the registrations and paperwork of designated programming
- Other duties as required
- Working weekend and holiday hours required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Customer service skills
- Intermediate knowledge of boating such as kayaking, sailing etc.
- At Least 1 year teaching experience with at least one type of boating discipline such as sailing, kayaking or canoeing USSailing, ACA Certifications
- American Canoe Association Level 1 (minimum) Certifications
- Kayak or SUP
- National Fitness Certification minimum AFAA or YOGA certification
- US Sailing Level 1
- Drivers License
- Red Cross CPR , First Aid
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The work required is moderately physically demanding and requires a
medium level of physical fitness. You will be required to do the following:
Activity Approximate %
- Standing > 2 Hours 80%
- Lifting > 20Lbs. 30%
- Twisting 10%
- Kneeling 10%
- Swimming 5%
- Squatting 10%
I understand that this job description contains important information about
the job at Boston Outdoor Recreation, Inc I am applying for and that I am
expected to read the job description and familiarize myself with its
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.