We are looking for an Sales Assistant to come join our team.
The Indian Craft Shop located within the Department of the Interior. This charming shop represents the work of American Indian artists from across the country.
~All qualifying applicant must be able to pass a background check.~
Under the direction of the Retail Unit Manager, the associate will focus on sales floor activities including greeting and interacting with all visitors and customers and sharing craft and culture area education. Merchandising, display, handling of arts and assisting in writing and promotional activities are included.
- Customer Service including welcoming and educating visitors and customers; packaging merchandise for hand-carry or shipping; maintaining and providing copies of artist bios, merchandise information, etc.
- Operating and understanding all sales functions of the Point of Sale system (CounterPoint).
- Administrative duties including maintenance of customer sign-up sheets for enews, creating tent signage for merchandise, creating shipping documents for web orders.
- Re-stocking paper and box supplies and other necessary floor stock items.
- Display and merchandising with guidance and direction of management.
- Participate with ideas on social media marketing, web store site, signage and assist in reviewing accuracy of all public information provided.
- Perform quality assurance reviews to ensure web store accuracy. Maintain ongoing communication with unit management to ensure merchandise consistency and best practices.
- Handle incoming retail and web customer service inquiries.
- Floor sales and cash register duties as necessary.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. 1-2 years in e-Commerce and web retail environments.
- Knowledge of (or interest in learning) American Indian arts and crafts with continued study to maintain up to date knowledge on artists, materials, and techniques of handmade arts.
- Effective communication and organizational skills. Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to problem solve.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 10 lbs. regularly, 10-15 lbs. frequently, and up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Physical attendance in unit to perform duties. Ability to be in front of a computer for long periods of time.
- Typical office equipment (computers, multi-extension phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
- Cash register
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.