Front Desk Clerk/Maintenance (Rock Creek Tennis Center)
|Benefits:||For full time employees: a choice of medical plans, dental and vision, 401k savings plan, life insurance and much more. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Guest Services at the Rock Creek Tennis Center is searching for a full-time Front Desk Attendant / maintenance worker to assist the management with the reception. The Front Office Attendant is responsible for all desk attendant functions including checking guests in and out, reservations, and switchboard.
Full-time Schedule: 40 hours/ week
- Provide administrative, reception and program support to management and staff. Assist recreation staff in their duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Answer phones and customers' questions including providing general knowledge in a courteous and patient manner.
- Monitor the indoor tennis bubble air pressure and temperature throughout the day to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for customers.
- Monitor walk-in traffic. Sign in customers as needed. Smile and greet customers in a welcoming manner.
- Identify items and corresponding cost of items and tabulate bills using cash register, calculator, or other price equipment. Issue receipts, refunds, credit, or change due to customers accurately. Maintain cash register and contents within.
- Perform opening and closing procedures while understanding and abiding by GSI policy.
- Cross check the reservation schedule with who is on the tennis courts in order to determine paying customers from random non paid walk ins.
- Maintain the upkeep of outdoor clay courts
- Fix, repair and replace tennis court equipm
- Unlock courts when customers have paid and locking them when no one should be there to avoid unpaid walk-ons.
- Enforce rules regarding safety and company policies.
- Maintain cleanliness of common areas and office equipment. Organize and replenish supplies as needed.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma preferred. Minimum of at least 16 years of age.
- First aid and CPR certified preferred.
- Clerical skills including typing, filing, cash register operation, maintenance of records, and the ability to undertake multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Ability to arrange and coordinate schedules for reservations.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
Please note that successful applicants may be contacted via email.
Rock Creek Tennis Center is located at 4350 colorado ave, NW, Washington, DC 20011 www.rockcreektennis.com
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.