The Chamberlin, a luxury historic waterfront condominium, dining and private events location in Hampton, VA, seeks a General Manager. Our qualified candidate would preferably have Micros experience, strong computer skills, and banquet management experience.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of unit operations and floor management, including staff, food, beverage, equipment, and property to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives. The General Manager cultivates a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while directing the management team and ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level. The General Manager motivates, instills accountability, and achieves results to drive success in the unit.
The qualified candidate must be able to:
• Plan, develop, and direct daily operations. Forecast and analyze sales, labor, and profit; and ensure compliance with established budget. Schedule, supervise, and participate in the operational duties specific to the unit.
• Recruit, supervise, train, schedule, discipline, review, and direct the unit's management and staff.
• Maintain accounting records, daily reporting requirement, and cash control. Manage P&L statement.
• Respond to customer inquiries and resolve customer complaints.
• Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit's equipment, food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify District Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
• Act as Company's point of contact with client. Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company's image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
Skill and knowledge requirements include:
• High School Diploma/GED required. College degree preferred.
• At least 3 years of experience in related management required.
• Very strong computer skills with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Food Protection Manager Certification. Demonstration of food safety knowledge and sanitation.
• Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
• Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
• Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
Qualified candidates will be contacted.