Assistant Conference Services Manager (13th Street NW, Washington, DC)
|Benefits:||A choice of medical benefits, dental and vision, 401k savings plan, and much more. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:||Business Dining and Specialty Restaurants|
|Description:||The Assistant Conference Services Manager is responsible for assisting with supervising the day to day conference services operations of the account to meet the customers' contract expectations; overseeing all aspects of special catered events including menu planning, staffing, supervising events, and billing; and is responsible for the overall supervision, staffing, and training of the catering personnel during events. |
The qualified candidate will be able to do the following:
• Assist with coordinating all aspects of conference services from time of booking to the actual events. This includes soliciting client business, client menu planning, scheduling events, contract pricing, supervising production, staffing events, ensuring customer service, and billing.
• Meet with clients to work out the details of their functions, escorting clients through the venue and highlight features of the facility as well as available services.
• Work as a liaison between client and unit management by communicating all needs of the event to each department.
• Assist with hiring, training, and directing catering staff and line personnel to ensure friendly and efficient service.
• Maintain accurate records for all catered events.
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times, resolving complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
The skill and knowledge requirements we seek are:
• High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree in event planning, food and beverage, hospitality, or related field preferred.
• At least 2-3 years experience in Catering/Banquets and/or Food & Beverage Management.
• Strong attention to detail and appealing presentation of all catering event aspects.
• Familiarity with sales and marketing tools.
• Familiarity with all health and safety regulations.
• Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist clients and coworkers. Ability to problem solve.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other computer applications related to job.
• Excellent organizational skills, able to perform under time constraints and deadlines with attention to detail.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.